Friday, May 19, 2017

Cataract surgery

In addition to moving my quilting back to my studio from the living room, I am in the process of getting cataract surgery.  My left eye was worst and I had surgery on it last Tuesday.  I got the near vision lenses for sewing and needlework.  So far so good.  I can't focus enough to work on quilts just yet.  My other eye is going to be operated on next Tuesday, and I get new glasses for distance (driving) two weeks after that.

Some of the things I was surprised about were that the pre-op took 1.5 hours, the surgery about 15 minutes, and another 15 minutes in post op.   I didn't realize how dim everything had gotten.  The left eye shows me bright colors and white, now.  Everything I look at through the right eye, has a veil of tan over it.  The dimming happens so gradually, you don't realize what you have lost!
I also had to take the left lens out of my glasses.  It's kind of weird,  seeing everything with two focuses.  I hung up my jacket last night and missed the hook entirely! Depth perception is off until the next surgery is over.  Hopefully, I will have some new things to show you in two or three weeks.

Keep stitching.  Love Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment