Thursday, May 11, 2017

Catching Up.

Hi all.

I last posted about a string quilt I was working on.  Well, after looking at it for several days I decided the borders were all wrong.  So I took them off and changed them.  Here is what it looks like now.

I added a string border, another black border and then used a dark red for the last border.

I think this is much better.  The blue was just not dark enough for the border.

I used to have a "studio room" at the back of the garage.  About 3 or 4 years ago, I moved my sewing into the corner of the living room.  Since then the room has been a catch all.  "I should move this to the shed, but I'll put it in the work room for now."  I decided to move my quilting back out there after having the devil's own time keeping the cats and a the new puppy out of my "stuff". 

 After clearing out all the unwanted stuff from the room into the garage (filled half of a double garage) I started cleaning.  It's amazing how much dirt accumulates in 3 years!  I have just about all my stuff moved back out there.  The old wall heater is just not enough in the winter, which is why I moved into the house.  It is too energy inefficient.  This winter I am going to get some other type of heat, maybe propane.  I'll post some pictures later, but you can see what it used to look like here in 2010, after  the last cleanout:

It is a little different now, and I will have pictures, soon
Keep on quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment